Monday, July 21, 2014

My Coil Clips

 I haven't really been blogging like I usually do this summer. I have definitely been getting my "professional development" from Pinterest but I have been kind of absent from BlogLand this summer. Well today I made something for Monday Made It. My friend Karmen has been creating and blogging all year and she loves to share with me all her wonderful creations... check her out at Tales from a Naturalista Teacha. So I am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for...

 So my Monday Made It is my coil clips for my Erin Condren (EC) teacher planner.

 Anyone else own a teacher planner? Well this summer my sole focus has been trying to find out ways to utilize my teacher planner better than I did last year. I join a few Facebook EC groups, We Love EC and We Love EC RAK Group and found other EC lovers who share their woes, joys and even their RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness). I did not think of creating these coil clips on my own, the idea was brought to my attention in one of my EC groups and I even watched a youtube video from TheModernWife about how to create them.

 But it's easy, all you need are some Post-it Tabs, a pen (for drawing your holes), your EC planner ruler and a 1/8 hole punch. Line the tab up with your ruler, the middle holes work best as they are the length of the tabs, and use your pen to draw the holes on the tab. Then use your 1/8 hole punch to line up your holes with the puncher hole and punch away. But one great tip, (make sure to watch the youtube video as you get to watch it in action) turn your hole punch to the side when doing the end holes so you aren't left with a thin end on both sides. Then cut a slit in each hole so you can put your clips in and out of your planner. Voila you are done with your 1st coil clip. Just add it to what you want to clip into your planner, line up the holes and use your same pen to push in the clip so it won't come out. Once you start making them you will want to use them all the time. Remember your tabs are REPOSITIONAL so they can be used to hold many different things in your planner. Also the coil clip idea works in both the EC life planner and the teacher planner!

Also if you are new to Erin Condren and would love your very own life or teacher planner, you can click on my referral link, sign up and earn yourself $10 off your new planner. If you aren't interested in a planner you can use the $10 for anything in her store such as notebooks, clipboards, invitations/gift labels, candles, kid stuff, etc. Have fun and become a new EC follower today!:)
Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the EC planners! They look like so much fun to play with, oh, and to stay organized! One of these days I'll spring for one.

    Haley
    Owls and Lessons, Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out the video. I usually put my planner in binder.

    ReplyDelete