Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Linky Party #2

So I just found the linky party Clutter-Free Classroom was hosting, a week-long party in fact and I had to jump in. I am combining Day 1 and Day 2 into one post that way I will be caught up and ready for tomorrow's prompt.

Day 1- Prompt: How I am spending my summer vacation?
  I have technically been non-stop school every since that last day of school on June 21st. I stumbled upon all these teacher blogs and I fell in love. I couldn't believe that I didn't find all of these when I was first beginning my kindergarten career last August. But I have found them now and I am still finding new blogs I haven't even read yet... exciting. And when I wasn't "blog hopping" I was out shopping for school supply deals so I could implement some of the new ideas I found. Ideas like the Making Words Folder from What a Teacher Wants, any DIBELS ideas (our school uses the Voyager program, but same thing) because I want my kinders to be on grade level or emerging by the time they get to first grade, writing notebooks (I started reading Kid Writing by Eileen Feldgus and Isabell Cardonick), and of course math work stations will definitely happen- I did a lot of whole group math last year- and this year I am up for a change/challenge.
 In all of the school work, I have found time to meet up with some friends and enjoy the summer nights. I even went up to Baltimore and visited the aquarium and the African American museum. And on the way home my friend and I took a boat tour which took us under the Bay Bridge in Annapolis. Being under that bridge definitely makes you realize how small you are compared to our architectural advances these days.:)

Day 2- Prompt: Complete this sentence. Based on the illustrations alone, my favorite picture book is ____". Use photos or additional sentences to support your choice. 


I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!
Based on the illustrations alone my favorite picture book is I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! By Karen Beaumont and illustrated by David Catrow. Okay so anything with David Catrow on it, is in my book cart fast but I just love this book. The kid is obviously having so much fun that it doesn't matter where he paints because he has a canvas of his own. My kids and I usually do an activity where they have a blank body and they pretend what their bodies would look like if they were allowed to paint them. Many of them often ask if they could see the book so they could copy the swirls and stripes. It is such a fun book that we often read it several times throughout the year. 
 
I Ain't Gonna Paint No More by Karen Beaumont Illustrated by David Catrow 

   Head on over to Clutter-Free Classroom to join the linky party. Have fun! Stop by Kleininspiration because she is having a giveaway, $75 gift certificate to Really Good Stuff, ending on Thursday the 21st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment