Saturday, January 28, 2012

De-Cluttering

I know I haven't made a post in awhile but... I've been trying to de-clutter. This all started one Wednesday when I walked into my room and I needed to find something, some worksheet, something I needed to copy for the day. Well I couldn't find it and I was running out of time before I had to get my kinders. Good thing I was in the room all by myself when I screamed aloud "I can't find anything!" Okay so that was the last straw.

     Previously (like the week before) I had taken pictures of my clutter so I could link up with what others are doing over at Clutter-Free Classroom trying to clean up too. I had searched through the blogs and did not feel like I could really post my "real" pictures because my clutter was BAD. Well, I did find some blogs that were like me which made me want to take pictures of my classroom and post them on my blog (they are to come). But that Wednesday I stayed behind and tried to de-clutter that area where I couldn't find the worksheet in (my desk). I was on a time limit too as the building wasn't going to be open past 7pm. But I was determined to do it because I was so frustrated all day and needed to get something accomplished.

  And all the posts at Clutter-Free Classroom were right... once you start pulling out the clutter you have you will find all kinds of containers and baskets to use that you don't need to go buy anything else. So I currently have a bin filled with baskets I can use with something else. I have even changed my room around. Hopefully I will get a chance to post pictures tomorrow (or later this week...)

3 comments:

  1. Stumbled on your blog! I'm your newest follower! I DEFINITELY need to clean and reorganize my classroom too!!!


    Growing Up Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree, your desk area looked fabulous that next morning! Be proud! Now, I need to work on my clutter-freeness too!
    Kindergarten Bus

    ReplyDelete