Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blog On Fire Award

 Wow to my greatest achievement in all of my blogging was that I am nominated for the Blog On Fire Award thanks to Mrs. Bee's Kindergarten. Thank you, thank you for this award. I always thought in order to be nominated I had to be doing some spectacular stuff but in all reality I guess I was nominated for being me.



 To accept my award I need to tell you 7 things about myself and nominate 7 more blogs. That should be super hard because there are so many out there that I like. But I will give it my best shot!

1. I currently live in Virginia but I am originally from California. I know such a big west coast/east coast jump.

2. I am so in love with B & B's. If I could just go to a bed and breakfast every time I vacationed I would be set. My mother actually took me to one on our trip to Elizabeth City, NC this summer. 

3. I am a daredevil at heart. My dream is to one day go hang gliding somewhere. By myself is cool, I've already been para-sailing by myself and that was AWESOME!

4. I LOVE to write. I love writing in my blogs but my original passion is writing poetry. I was a published writer in high school. Now I just write my blogs and add to my Bucket List. 

5. I'm itching to travel the world with my first stops being Cardiff, Wales (Torchwood, anyone?), Scotland, Ireland (Killarney) and Cornwall, England (to walk on water...).

6. I love reading books on my Kindle, I can't believe I used to read paperback books before. And fight to keep them in my library, now I just build my Kindle library. 

7. And I LOVE finding new ideas and games while "blog stalking" that I can take back to my kids and make learning more fun and hands-on. 

My 7 nominated blogs for the Blog On Fire Award:
1. Definitely Confessions of a Homeschooler, she has TONS of cool stuff and the fact that she has her own Pre-K and Kindergarten curriculum with lots of fun activities has made this year so far very enjoyable for me and my kinders.
2. Annie over at The Moffatt Girls (I think I stumbled on her and I am so glad I did, make sure to check out her Ready 2 Read Units) And she is up for the Circle of Moms Top 25 Award. Check her out and vote!
3. Fran over at Kindergarten Crayons!
4. Ingles 360, offers a lot of early reader activities as well as Spanish activities. My kinders are so loving Spanish that I have tried to incorporate some into our daily activities.
5. Herding Kats in Kindergarten (another Circle of Moms Top 25 nominee)
6. Mrs. Wills Kindergarten  I love her posts, especially her Peek into her week posts where you can gather different ideas for your lesson plans for the week.
7. What's the Buzz in First?

 Wow that was definitely hard to pick 7 blogs for this award especially when I have over 200 blogs that I keep watch over. So I guess they would have to be Honorable Mentions:) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading more about you and congratulations on your award! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete