Saturday, July 20, 2013

Liebster Award... Thanks So Much!:)

 Wow, have you seen the award that has been taking Blogland by storm? It's the Liebster Award! I was nominated by three fellow teacher bloggers. I was nominated by: Teaching with Giggles, Shifting Teacher K-2 and A Teaspoon of Teaching (stop by and follow them). I am going to try to combine the questions since there are 11 of them for each and round it out to 18 total. (Random fact #1: I like things to be even.)
A.
B.C.
Which button do you like? Leave me a comment.

There are a few rules for this before I can pass it on:
1. Link back to the blog(s) that nominated me.
2. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator(s).
3. Share 11 random facts about myself.
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
6. Contact my nominees to let them know that I nominated them.
Bloggers whom I nominate:
4. Learning in Progress (stop in for her giveaway!)
5. Creating Kinders (a PreK blog)
6. Teaching 5th-8th  (a Brand NEW blogger as of July 6th!)
7. Oodles of Teaching Fun (5th & 6th grade)
8. Spunky K Teacher
9. KinderMyles 
10. Kelly and Kim's Kindergarten Kreations

 **Now remember I was nominated by 3 bloggers. I will only answer 6 of each blogger's questions or I would have a REALLY, REALLY long post.

11 questions for my nominees: From Shifting Teacher K-2
2. What kind of books do you enjoy reading? I enjoy reading romance, historical fiction and some teen series (Twilight & Hunger Games)
5. What is your favorite clothing store to shop for work wardrobes? Why? I am a tall person, so I have to go to New York & Company for my long work pants. Plus they always have cute tops too. 
6. If you could be on a reality show, what would you choose and why? I would love to go on Iron Chef, but only that I would be a judge and get to eat all the delicious food.
8 & 9. How many years have you been teaching? What is your favorite subject to teach and why? I have been teaching for 9 years but only 3 years as an elementary school teacher. I love to teach math. I'm a math person, always figuring things in my head. I love using different manipulatives to teach one concept. Math is so hands-on. (Random fact #2: I am a visual-tactile learner)
10. What is your preferred teacher duty assignment? I would prefer no teacher duty assignment but I love parent pick up duty. Our grade level duty choices are parent pick-ups, vans, or buses. Bus duty is always the worst because we have so many late buses! 
11. If you were on a desert island, what would you want to have with you? My Bible, my Mickey Mouse (Random Fact #3: I have had my Mickey Mouse for 22 years!), and my quotes journal/pen. 

Questions from Melissa at A Teaspoon of Teaching: 
1. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?  A panther. It's fierce and I can lounge around during the day or stalk prey whenever I want. (Random Fact #4: My favorite animal is a panther. Both my high school mascots were a panther.
3. If you weren't a teacher what would you be? I would be a computer technician/ writer. (Random Fact #5: I'm a published writer (just small time stuff))
5. What hobby do you have? I have a few hobbies: reading, writing, blogging, collecting rocks, coin collector (Random Fact #6: I collect foreign coins and state quarters... I'm still looking for a few D's)
7. What would be the perfect hours for a school day and why?  The times we have now except 30 minutes earlier both ways. My current school day is 8:30-3:30 but I wouldn't mind it being 8:00 am-3:00am. But not 7:20 because I've gotten used to sleeping in later.:) 
8 & 11. If you could go any where in the world where would it be and why? What is your dream vacation? I have a long list of vacation places and they are my dream places too. I would LOVE to go to Cardiff, Wales (Random Fact #7: I am a Torchwood fan! Captain Jack all the way!:)), stop in at Cornwall, England to walk on water (Travel Channel episode), and visit the castles in Ireland. However my first stop in my vacation would be to stop in Germany to see my favorite castle Neushwanstein Castle. (Random Fact #8: I love castles, especially the fairy tale princess kind of castles.)
9. If you could win any prize what would it be? $5,000 a week forever from Publisher Clearing House

Questions from Tess at Teaching with Giggles
3. What is your favorite college memory? Getting my first my 4.0 and making Dean's List. Yes, I was a nerd. 
5. Have you lived in more than one state? Yes, I've lived in California and currently live in Virginia. 
8. Do you prefer hot or cold weather? Why? I would prefer the hot weather, to just be back in Los Angeles where the weather is nice year round. 
9. If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would buy? My dream car! And maybe some stick shift driving lessons. 
10. What is your dream car? I want a black Audi S (something... anything) or a Chevrolet Camaro only I want it to be purple and black. 
11. What is something you never leave home without? My iPad, it's good to have around when you are waiting for something or need directions. 

*Most of my 11 Random Facts about me were in my questions but I will name them again. 
1. I like things to be even.
2. I am a visual-tactile learner.
3. I have had my Mickey Mouse for 22 years. He's has only needed major surgery once!
4. My favorite animal is a panther. Two of my high school mascots were a panther.
5. I am a published writer (not counting blogs, but small time)
6. I collect foreign coins and state quarters.
7. I am a Torchwood Fan, Captain Jack all the way!
8. I love castles, especially the fairy princess kind of castles
9. My favorite stores are Target, OfficeMax and IKEA
10. My favorite movies are Shawshank Redemption, Ever After and 27 Dresses
11. I can sit and watch House Hunters, Property Brothers, Love It or List It, and Diners, Drive-ins & Dives if they were on a marathon. I love them!

Questions for my nominees:
1. What are your classroom colors and theme?
2. If you could have a dream car, what would it be?
3. What is something you never leave home without?
4. What is your favorite season? Why?
5. What is your favorite TV show/series? What do you like about it?
6. What are some of your favorite blogs you follow?
7. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
8. What is your pet peeve?
9. What are your favorite movies? 
10. What is your favorite subject to teach?
11. If you could take a picture with a famous person, who would it be? 

 I am still collecting giveaway donations for my 2nd Blogiversary {here*-}. Check out the Freebie Finds tab for new freebies. 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Liebster Award! I enjoyed finding out more about you. I like reading romances too. Button A is really cute!

    Shannon
    The Teaching Twosome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see the castles in Ireland and Germany. We need to get some teacher bloggers together to vacation and cross off some of our dream spots on our bucket lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Captain Jack too! And I am also a nerd with my college 4.0 record. Hehe!
    -Carol
    Mrs. Cobb's Kindersprouts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Liebster Award! 27 dresses is also one of my fave movies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award. I like the first button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting the award!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Congrats on the Liebsters! I like the 1st button! I love hearts. :) I loved "getting to know you!" with your answers- I could watch marathons of those exact shows with you. Love them. We live in NY but Virginia seems like the perfect state- weatherwise. And... I love things to be even, too. That made me laugh.
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete